Our new easy-to-use Find a Provider tool is live! Search now.
Is COVID-19 testing covered by my plan?
- YES, Wellcare will cover COVID-19 testing when performed in an official testing location, and/or when the test is ordered by a physician, non-physician practitioner, pharmacist, or other authorized health care professional.
Is there a cost to the COVID-19 testing provided in these locations that are covered by Wellcare?
- NO, Members will not have any liability for these official tests.
Does Wellcare cover over-the-counter COVID-19 at-home tests?
- We continue to carefully monitor the pandemic and evaluate how best to serve our members during these unprecedented times. At this time Wellcare is not reimbursing members for COVID-19 at-home testing kits purchased independently online, or from a retailer.
- CMS is launching an initiative in early spring 2022 that provides payment directly to eligible pharmacies and other entities that are participating in this initiative to enable people with Medicare to get up to eight free over-the-counter COVID-19 tests a month. All Medicare beneficiaries with Part B will be eligible to get eight free over-the-counter COVID-19 tests per month through this initiative, whether enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or not.
- In the meantime, we encourage our members to receive COVID-19 tests at official testing sites by health care professionals at no cost.
Where can I locate a free at-home COVID-19 tests?
- Every home in the US is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
- You can order your tests now at https://www.covidtests.gov/
- Access COVID-19 tests through healthcare providers at over 20,000 free testing sites nationwide. A list of community-based testing sites can be found at https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites